Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wedding Day Ready!

Invitations are out

Cake is ordered

Dress is tailored

Everything is ready of October 30th


Everything, but…
My Body

This picture was actually taken last week. When I got on the scale this morning I was at 184 pounds, so that a half a pound weight loss. It came to my attention yesterday-or pretty much slapped me right in the face-that I have 60 days until my wedding. I have goofed off enough! Time to get busy!

I would say I have to lose 20 pounds before then (2.5 pounds a week), but I cannot lose that much weight and still have my dress fit correctly. As I have told my fellow sparkpeople yesterday, I really just want to be comfortable in my body that day. I do not want to stand there thinking that people are figuring my BMI in their head-I know that won’t happen, but you know.

So I spent some time this morning making a list of what I need to do every week for the next 8 weeks to be Wedding Day Ready. I expect this list to grow as I find new things, but I really do not want to obsess over it.

  1. I need to VLOG daily. This is video blogging on sparkpeople.com
  2. Track every bite of food I eat.
  3. Drink eight 8 oz glasses of water a day or more.
  4. Get on the scale. Normally I would be against weighing myself daily, but I think I need to be aware everyday.
  5. Plan what I am going to eat and eat it. This means get to the grocery store so I will have snacks and decent food.
  6. Complete Bridal Bootcamp at least five days a week.
  7. Complete some kind of cardio at least once a day.
  8. Do things that help with stress – like not procrastinating so much!
  9. Use sparkpeople friends and videos to stay motivated!
  10. Measure once a week. Oh…measuring tape how I dislike you.

Oh and I need to blog here at least daily. I need to tell you all what is happening so that I can have some accountability. The posts maybe as small as this is what I ate today, this is how I worked out and this is how I feel about myself, but at least I will be here, right?

1 comment:

If you read me you know Awesome is my word and I think you are so Awesome for reading me. I think it is even more Awesome to get comments! Thank you for reading - I look forward to hearing what you have to say!