Monday, August 2, 2010

Motivation

You have to have it!

To get up the morning
To do laundry
To mow the lawn on a hot day
To exercise
To try something new
To change your life or lifestyle

I have to admit…I had it. I have lost it recently, but I am working as hard as I can to get it back.

One of the things I did was create a visual for myself. This hangs at my desk at work-the one place I need the motivation the most.

I titled it What Will Keep Me Going.

Here is what each thing means.

  1. The quote “Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference in weight loss success and weight loss failure.” I see this as have a can do attitude not a cannot.
  2. Good Arms and Defined Shoulders: You all already know my obsession with this. No more FLABBY ARMS! I used to have defined arms (that’s me), the only picture is of Kelly Ripa…my dream arms. I seriously doubt I will ever look exactly like that.
  3. A fortune cookie quote that is so so true and my goal is to get there. Or at least feel that way about my body…I love myself.
  4. My 5 lb reward. Absolutely cute earrings from my friend April at Vintage Kitchen. I already bought my first pair (will have to post later).
  5. 165 reward: I love Anthropologie, but they do not make clothes for big girls, so my reward will be to buy a dress like the one shown.
  6. 150 reward: Another dress from Anthropologie, but a halter to show off those good shoulders!
  7. No Longer being obese! Not that I think I am, but get out of that area on those lovely charts.
  8. Show my daughter healthy habits: This is working on my legacy…making sure she knows what healthy is.
  9. 170 reward…that skirt…I own it. I bought it, it still has tags and has been hanging in my closet for 2 years. It may not be a Sunday morning church outfit, but just to fit into it once would be wonderful!
  10. Oh I need to repeat that statement over and over again!

So, this is one way I try to maintain my motivation. I am working on other ways as well and will share more tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you read me you know Awesome is my word and I think you are so Awesome for reading me. I think it is even more Awesome to get comments! Thank you for reading - I look forward to hearing what you have to say!